Old-world charm, Modern luxury
Out of a love and passion for all things old, Brakdakkie pioneered the unique décor style of old-world Karoo charm combined with modern luxuries in the most incredible Karoo setting. Brakdakkie is an experience that will be the highlight of your stay in the Karoo.
Brakdakkie has been the recipient of: Outstanding Award from Rooms for Africa (2018), Best Value Establishment from afristay (2017), Top Accommodation from lekkeslaap (2016), and Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor (2014 & 2015).
Child and pet friendly
Children are most welcome at Brakdakkie, and will enjoy the open spaces and feeding the free range chickens and ducks. Extra mattresses for children are available at no extra charge. We are also pet-friendly! Please let us know ahead of time if your pet(s) will be joining you, and see below for selected policies.
Brakdakkie was originally built in 1850. Once the barns and donkey shed of the original farm, Sonskyn, the rooms have now been filled with treasures from years gone by and restored with great attention to detail, preserving the original splendour. Brakdakkie is located within walking distance of all shops and restaurants.
Each of our four cottages offers:
- luxurious en suite bathrooms with towels, shower gel and shampoo
- bedrooms with crisp, white linen
- fully-equipped kitchenettes
- private patios with bbq/braai area
- private splash pools
- secure off-street parking
Bookings are only confirmed once Brakdakkie Guest Cottages has received the 50% deposit within 24 hours. failure to pay the deposit within 24 hours will result in the reservation being cancelled, and the room being let out on a “first come first served” basis. Balance due on arrival in cash, unless other arrangements have been made. Deposits paid to Brakdakkie from international accounts are charged an admin fee of R180.
Any cancellation by the client must be advised to Brakdakkie Guest Cottages by the lead guest and in writing.
- Cancellation will only come into effect once the written advice is received by Brakdakkie Guest Cottages
- A deposit of 50% deposit is required on reservation
- In the event of premature departure we may charge for the full booking.
- Cancellation 0-4 days before arrival, or no show – visitor forfeits 100% of stated deposit, as well as is responsible for the entire quoted amount.
- Cancellation 5-27 days before arrival, or no show – visitor forfeits 100% of stated deposit
- Cancellation 28 - 55 days before arrival - visitor forfeits 75% of stated deposit
- Cancellation 56+ days before arrival – visitor forfeits 50% of stated deposit
- Paying the deposit indicates that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions.
- Any refunds owed to the guest will be paid not before 30 days after receiving deposit payment notification, and at the end of the month that written cancellation is received.
- An admin fee of R 150 is charged for any cancellations.
- The guest is responsible for paying Brakdakkie the commission lost on any booking made via an agent(ie the commission that Brakdakkie pays the agent)
- A cancellation fee of R150 is charged even if only a portion of the party cancels.
Brakdakkie Guest Cottages and its staff do not accept liability in respect of any loss or damage to articles brought into the guesthouse. We also cannot accept responsibility for your cars while parked on our premises. It is the sole responsibility of all guests to make arrangements for adequate insurance coverage on all valuable items prior to arrival at Brakdakkie Guest Cottages. This includes but is not limited to, photographic equipment, laptops or other electronic devices, jewellery, cash and vehicles. Lost property is held for a period of 1 month, thereafter it will be donated to charity. It is the responsibility of the guest to contact Brakdakkie Guest Cottages management to claim lost property. On request, lost property will be returned at the expense of the guest.
The person booking the room is deemed to be responsible for their actions and those of any of their party. Brakdakkie Guest Cottages reserves the right to replace, with new, any missing, damaged or soiled items. Any additional cleaning will be charged appropriately and may include any cost for loss of business. Losses include lost income, specialist expenses and the sourcing of alternative accommodation as necessary. The guest will remain liable for full reimbursement of such loss or damage incurred.
Brakdakkie Guest Cottages does not accept any responsibility for Failure or Interruption of Utilities and Essential Services but shall make every effort to contact the authorities to report such incidences.
Due to the fragile nature of the buildings, Brakdakkie Guest Cottages is a non-smoking establishment. Smoking is permitted in outside areas where ashtrays are provided.
Your pets are very welcome at Brakdakkie! But please take note of the following:
- If your dog is able/inclined to jump fences, please inform us before booking.
- Keep your pets on a leash at all times when walking around the property, as we have our own dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, children, and other guests to consider. They can be let free when in your enclosed garden.
- Pets are charged at a rate of R50 per day. The fee goes towards extra cleaning of hair, cleaning of their ablutions on the property, spraying of carpets for fleas and ticks, and possible damage to property.
- Pets are not allowed to be locked in the room if you intend to be away for extended periods. Consider taking them with you. Alternatively, you either need to let them out at regular intervals, or the cottage door needs to be left open so to allow them access to the garden.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture, so please bring their own bedding as well as water and food bowls.
- Please clean up after your pets.
- Pets are accommodated at their owner’s risk.